Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Kingdom of Mushrooms

The members of the kingdom Fungi was once placed under the kingdom Plantae. They seemed plant-like enough, after all... They grew out of the ground/on surfaces in plant-style. They didn't move like animals. Some of them even looked pretty, like flowers! Biologists of the time made reasonable conclusions... it wasn't until the development of the microscope when the physiology of these organisms could be studied in detail, allowing scientists to see the differences between fungi and plants.

Pretty, ain't it?

Fungi are amazing, really. Their spores have the ability to lie dormant in a place for years and years, waiting for the perfect conditions to start growing. Once the dank, damp conditions arrive... POOF! Pretty fungal bits are everywhere. Not only that, some of them are really nutritious. My mom used to love cooking those flat, wrinkly black fungi for us (can't remember what they're called).

By the way, I recently found a collection of cups containing Milo which have been abandoned for 2 weeks. Pretty!

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Click to enlarge. Go on. You're a brave kid

"It's marvellous what Milo can do for you!"

This, Sam, is what you get for insisting someone to blog when he doesn't have anything good to write about, especially when he has a music exam the following day. *smile*

No hard feelings, k? I'll chia you a glass of Milo at the nearest kopitiam...

6 comments:

Annabelle Sinda said...

EEeeEEeee.....what the=P
the mushrooms are er..lovely ^^" but what interests me more is where you bumped into those two week old treasures^^"

Aquavires said...

A place where kids are free to make Milo for themselves, but lacks a set roster to determine who's in charge of cleaning up. Haih. =P

Anonymous said...

Yay! The pea updated!!!

*hops over to his trancendence of...lyrics?!* =S

*Reads about fungi*

=/ Hrmf, Science STANK today. this isn't helping.

*scrolls down*

*Peng*

Second last thought before peng-ing.

-Sze Howe has GOT to learn how to do the dishesh-

Last thought before peng-ing.

-I wonder if I'll ever have the guts to drink milo again-

Negative last thought before peng-ing

-Should we meet somewhere in Indonesia? Compromise?-

^.^

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not a milo fan... Hwa hwa.



Oh yeah, nice shot on the mushroom. It's gorgeous. Is it on dA?

3 more days to freedom... 3 more days to freedom... ^_____^ How about you?

Hey, I got a couple of songs from Paradise Live. Remind me to give you a hear next time we meet online?

Aquavires said...

@ Sam
Science stank? What a coincidence. So did the cups. =) It wasn't a place I visited often, btw. I actually contemplated leaving them for the next person to deal with (cuz I had NO idea what to do with a cupfull of fungus), but that was plain wrong. I found out that boiling water dislodges fungi from surfaces very easily! =)

Indonesia? Sure... I even looked up a great hotel we could stay in. It even has fungus!

Lyrical (adj.) Expressing deep personal emotion or observations
~The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition


@ Papaya
Naw... I normally post pics in groups of 3. I wanna find partners for the mushroom before I post it... =)

1 day to freedom, 1 day to freedom, 1 day to freedom! =D ...freedom to prepare for my finals which begin on 6 Nov. =P Our finals are 3 weeks after our mocks... pelik.

Ooh, Paradise Live! I'd love to. Now all Yep, I'll remember the next time we meet online as offline people... ^_^

P.S. I just found out that Guy Sebastian used to sing for Planetshakers!

Anonymous said...

Lol. Aite I'll be waiting then. ;)

Merdeka! x) Memang pelik. Especially since after an exam you won't have the mood to study much. At least, that's how I would feel. All the best!

Like the one I already sent to you? That one's my fav. I'll send you more next time. Btw, that's for the one you sent to me too. Nice. ^_^

P.s. Ooo. I didn't know that either. Where'd you find out? Website I persume. Btw, Planet Shakers Confrence | KL | 13th - 15th Dec! -jumps around giddly-